|A well-established Main Contractor is currently looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join their team in Nigeria.
The Senior Civil Engineer role:
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards;
- Supervise structural and civil works and ensures that they comply with the approved specifications and with approved designs/drawings;
- Coordinate of all structural and civil building inspection works including but not limited to station building, bridges and road construction;
- Check reinforcement for structures like foundation, columns, beams, culverts and bridge element making sure it in conformity with the approved design and drawings;
- General inspection and supervision of all structural works including precast elements;
- Casting inspection and ensure that slump test and production of cubes are done whenever a structure is to be casted;
- Ensure that the civil works carried out respecting the approved specifications and with approved designs/drawings;
- Ensure general work quality and basic safety adherence on site by the contractors;
- Study and review all approved drawings for easy interpretation and clarification to the contractors and sub-contractors;
- Quality implementation on contractors and making sure they adhere strictly to the design specification;
- Study and review all approved drawings for easy interpretation and clarification to the Contractors and Sub-contractors;
- Prepare comprehensive reports, showing work progress and reporting any/all problems with the works;
- Prepare site notes, letters with comments and instructions;
- Interactive technical meetings with the Contractor and the Client;
- Supervision, Assessment and Mentoring of all technical and professional staff;
- Reviewing of Works Method Statements and all other related documentation;
- Monitoring the Program of Works.
The Senior Civil Engineer will have:
- Having to manage a Works Supervision Team, the Manager (Senior) must possess strong Leadership Skills, Responsibility for his work (and that of his subordinates) and be able to efficiently Delegate duties as and when required.
- An excellent Team player with good Communication skills, able to easily and effectively relate with the Design/Vetting Office.
- As work schedules are often tight one must be Proactive, Goal Oriented and able to Work Under Pressure, whilst remaining focused at all time in a strong Client Focused environment. Given the unpredictability of the work scenario, good Problem Solving and Lateral Thinking skills would complete the profile of the ideal candidate.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Knowledge and experience in management software;
- Knowledge and experience in BIM software;
- Knowledge of “Code for Design of Railway Line” of the People’s Republic of China;
- Ability to Adapt and Interpret different Specifications and Standards;
TAX FREE Negotiable Salary
If you are a Civil Engineer looking to explore your options, please apply online here: